Friday, August 1, 2014

N4G Review: Why I Will Never Use the Site Again

N4G


Note: I attempted to post the following on N4G.com in an act of
retaliation:


Hello, I just joined this hellhole of a website the other day. I have been writing some reviews for Gamefaqs over the past month and decided that I might as well share them with the N4G community. Couldn't hurt right? So I submitted my 5 innocent reviews and awaited approval. Unfortunately, all 5 of my reviews were reported and failed by some ass hole with a superiority complex.


For reference: his name is Emilio_Estevez. He accused me of being spammy, and proceeded to act very hypocritical and report and fail EVERY SINGLE REVIEW I SUBMITTED. And I'm the one who spammed. Right.


After all my reviews were slaughtered, they were categorized as "failed" insuring that they will never see the light of day.


All I'm saying is that the content that is submitted by users should not be judged by relevance or quantity. They should be judged by QUALITY. If someone submits data that another person may enjoy, then who are you to play God and prevent that submission from succeeding.


I doubt that anyone will actually read this post, but if actually gets approved and you do end up reading it, tell me if you have ever faced the tyranny of people like Emilio and tell me how you feel about it.


After submitting this blog post for approval on the site, I was promptly banned for two days. This was because I included a swear word that I have since then edited out. I admit, that was my own mistake.


Regardless, I am still angry about my reviews being failed. I took a look at the site’s terms of use and I found this:


NewsBoiler [N4G] has the right to terminate and/or suspend your ability to access the Website or any portion thereof, for any or no reason, without notice.


I’m sure this term is featured on many other websites, however, I have never experienced it used so liberally. I just don’t think it’s fair. I know for a fact that I am not the only one who has ever been treated unfairly, so, just for the heck of it, I give N4G a 2.5/10 for its poor management, moderation, and friendliness to aspiring journalists. Congratulations N4G, your have the lowest rating of anything I’ve ever reviewed.

Have you ever faced the injustice of people like Emilio_Estevez? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments: